- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 12- to 16-ounce bag shredded broccoli slaw or 1 large bunch broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 8-ounce can low-sodium sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion (1/2 medium)
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning frequently, until crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. (Alternatively, microwave on High for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes). Drain bacon on paper towels. Chop coarsely.
If using whole broccoli, trim about 3 inches off the stems. Chop the rest of broccoli into 1/4-inch pieces.
Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add water chestnuts, onion, bacon and broccoli; toss to coat. Chill until serving time. The broccoli slaw recipe is ready to serve....enjoy the appetizer !